- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years, 1 month ago by .
Annual Gear Swap and Chili Cook-off
Wednesday, June 6 @ 6:30 pm
Fort Hunter Pavilion on East Side (Barn side)
Are you looking for some good stuff cheap? If so, then do not miss this year’s swap meet. Bring your water or other sport related items to sell, trade or give away.
Canoeists vs Kayakers
Who is a better chef- a canoeist OR a kayaker? Well, if you think you have some mighty fine tasting chili that just might ‘sink’ your competitor then put your chili where your mouth is.
This year will be a new twist on the food served at the picnic. Fellow paddlers that are interested can bring along a pot of chili to enter into a little friendly competition. Voting will determine which chili and chef wins the door prize for the evening.
Note that this is still going to be a potluck dinner so those not making chili can bring along your favorite side dish, salad, or dessert to share. The club will be grilling up some hot dogs for those not wanting to eat chili.
If you are bringing chili please remember that there is no electric at the pavilion and we need to keep the chili hot to serve. If you have a propane burner then bring that along to use and if you need one then call Kathy at 717-350-4701 and she will make sure that there are extras.
Notes for chili chefs:
• I would suggest that you do not make too much chili as there could be a potential for lots of leftovers. So maybe just a single batch will be sufficient.
• Bring your propane heater, hot pads, serving utensils and anything else you might need.
• Please know what is in your recipe in case anyone asks due to food allergies.
Thank you and ‘Happy Cooking’ !
IMPORTANT: Note that since our club spends so much time outside that we need to practice a minimal impact on the environment. So we are asking that you bring along a plate, bowl, cup, utensils, and something to take your dirty items home in. Paper product will be available for those who forgot (so think ahead and gather them up now and put them in your car).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.