- This topic has 18 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 6 months ago by .
Youghiogheny 2018 Family Camping Weekend –
Are you starting to plan your 2018 family vacation schedule? Well, here is a great family vacation that you can add to your list! So, get these dates penciled in!
Join your fellow paddlers and their families for the Youghiogheny family camping weekend. Bring the entire family out for FUN-FILLED rafting, kayaking, group camping, and biking adventures! Group Camping site 231 is reserved at Kentuck Knob State Park Campground for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights (July 12, 13, & 14). Group rafting/kayaking on Friday and enjoying the area the remaining days. There is so much to do in Ohiopyle!
I will be arriving Thursday early evening. If you think you are coming out to camp then please let me know closer so I know who to expect.
Some scheduled weekend plans are:
* Lower Yough self guided raft trip with hard boat supported (might need around $ 30 with raft rental and bus fare)
* Upper Yough raft trip (see notes from Lisa Baer on this)
* Middle Yough float trip (similar to Yellow Breeches)
* The Lower Yough first timers trip date has been changed from 8/18 to 7/14, which is the day after the raft trip. If you’ve never run this section, but want to, this would be a good time. You could even raft it with us on fri the 13th to see it first. Those who have run it before are also welcome to join. We will meet at the parking lot at the put in at 11am. Let me know if you want to join this trip by contacting Mark O’Handly
* There is a Splunking trip planned (cost for this depending on trip taken)
Any questions, please call Kathy at 717-350-4701 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.