- This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 1 month ago by .
Yough Family camping weekend
Group campsite is #230
Kentuck Knob State Park
Thursday July 13 after 3 pm to Sunday July 16 until 3 pm
******** Responses requested
I hope some of you are thinking about this fun weekend. No, you don’t have to be a whitewater boater who can run the Lower Yough. This weekend is for those that love to run the LY as well as those that just want to go out and enjoy the company of your club members.
There is so much to do:
• Boat either the LY or the Middle Yough (similar to Yellow Breeches but a little wider and depending on the level could be faster) but your rec boats could work here. Or, I guess if you are really brave you could WW the Upper Yough.
• Rafting with the club
• Bike riding – The Great Allegheny Passage runs right thru this area as well as other biking areas
• Splunking (caving)- I did this two years ago and it was a blast!
• Visiting Frank Lloyd-Wright’s Falling Water
• Just relaxing
• So many other great activities
• Oh, and having a great picnic with the group (this is normally Friday night)
Our normal schedule has us doing our group rafting trip on Friday (which is accompanied by our support boaters). These are fellow boaters that know the lines of the LY and can be there if anyone needs rescued or assistance. However, there have been discussions to see if it could work to move the group rafting to Saturday.
Friday prices- $ 19.95 ($21.20 w/ tx) per person for a 4-6 person raft. I believe there are no charges for those kayaking/canoeing on Friday. It is less crowded as there are not as many commercial rafts that normally run Fridays. I do know that we do have a few of our normal support boaters not being able to make it so we need to make sure that we have LY boaters willing to come out to be support boaters.
Saturday prices – $ 24.95 ($ 26.45 w/ tx) per person for a 4-6 person raft. The raft company said that we would need to be more accurate with our numbers attending and the number of rafts needed due to being more of a demand on Saturday. I am not sure if we could get more support boaters on a Saturday (vs. a Friday), however, I believe they have passes to get for Saturday. We could even get more rafters for Saturday.
********** So what I would like to do is to get a poll of who is thinking of coming out for rafting/kayaking/canoeing (and who would be a support boater). This would be very helpful in determining if we want to move the normal rafting from Friday to Saturday. We also need to make sure that we have the support that is needed.
All comments are welcome
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.