CCGH has decided to cancel our classes for this summer. Safety is one of the most important points that we stress in our training classes and given the on-going pandemic, we have decided to not risk the health of our students and instructors.
Class Levels & Prerequisites
Level 2 prerequisites
On flat water, should be able to perform a self rescue (wet exit; move boat and gear to shore), paddle forward and backward (stopping), draw, turn with sweep, reverse sweep, spin (onside & offside), and use (high and low) brace to stabilize tilting boat.
Level 3 prerequisites
On class 1 moving water, the above Level 2 skills and J-lean, paddle 15 yards in a reasonably straight line, ferries, eddy turns, peel outs, moving sideways, and rudder.
Level 4 prerequisites
On class 2 moving water, the above Level 3 skills plus:
- Spins (onside and offside): boat pivots in place
- Reverse: boat moves in a reasonably straight line
- Stopping: boat stops within a reasonable distance
- Turns: boat turns in broad arc made while underway
- Veering, Carving, and paddling the “inside circle”
- Abeam: boat moves sideways without headway
- Sideslips: boat moves sideways with headway
- Bow Draw and Duffek
- C-turns (Peel out and eddy into same eddy)
- S-turns (Peel out one side and eddy into opposite side)
- Good to have, but not required, Surfing and a Roll
Available Kayak Classes
Kayak Level 1 - June 6, 2020 (Moscoso)cancelled Kayak Level 1 - June 20, 2020 (Brock/Lusardi)cancelled Kayak Level 1 - August 8, 2020 (Holladay)cancelled Kayak Level 2 - June 27, 2020 (Woodward)cancelled Kayak Level 2 - August 1, 2020 (K. O'Handley)cancelled Kayak Level 2 - August 22, 2020 (Lusardi/Brock)cancelled Kayak Level 3 - July 11, 2020 (Moscoso)cancelled Kayak Level 3 - August 15, 2020 (M. O'Handley)cancelled Kayak Level 4 - September 19, 2020 (Woodward)cancelled